Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 1

Will finalize plan for 2011, including monthly goals (trading, learning), trading plan, and focus on areas that need the most improvement

I can't wait to get my new computer as it will make it much easier to keep tabs on more charts.  Laptop trading sucks.
Traded LLEN, NVDA, and AVL breakeven today.  Despite John's warning about laggards and sequential trading lesson to focus on market leaders in a group, I chose the laggard, twice. John nailed MCP while I took losses on SHZ

I find myself attracted to stocks that trade in the $3-$15 price range, and put off by $20 + (don't even consider stocks trading above $40).  I will have to re-evaluate this mindset.
Small positive day for today, as I closed out my swing position in BPFH for a 6% gain.

Tried trading AVL on a secondary breakout.  Trade ended B/E.  I should have paid more attention to the volume disappearing.  Entry was $.02 above previous HOD, and scaled out well for the first 3/4 of the trade. 

In preparation for earnings: 
http://www.stocktwits.tv/charts-gone-wild-with-john-lee-020210-part-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment