Friday, January 21, 2011

First Short Sale!!!

Finished "Trading In The Zone" by Mark Douglas and learned a lot about the mentality of a successful and consistent trader.  It reinforces the rules and mindset needed to be successful in such a random environment.
I will be a consistent  and winning trader because:
  1. I objectively identify my setups
  2. I predefine the risk of every trade 
  3. I completely accept the risk or I am willing to let go of the trade
  4. I act on my setups without hesitation when my entries materialize
  5. I predefine my profit points based on MA / Previous Support/Resistance and scale out to ensure a profit
  6. I continually monitor my susceptibility for making errors 
  7. I understand the necessity of these principles of consistent success and will NEVER violate them
 2 trades today.  The first was MXIM @ the open.  Waited until the 3rd 1 minute candle for entry and confirmation

My second trade was a late day trade.  MOTR was in a downtrend all day.  The closest supporting MA was the 100 day @ 18.85 (HOD), and it was bouncing off the lower BB.  Small position @ $17.89 and rode it down! Shorting is fun!  Sold 1/2 @ 17.54 and holding the remainder as a swing over the weekend.

Of note, my last 2 stops were hit this morning

ARNA for a 5% loss

JST for a 9.5% loss

No comments:

Post a Comment